The lawyers at Goldstein Law Partners assert and defend the rights of national civil rights organizations with millions of members and well as the rights of individuals whose rights have been abridged. We have litigated along the entire life-cycle of civil rights cases. We understand the complex interplay of state and federal law with state and federal constitutions. We regularly write the papers and advocate in the courtroom.
In several areas of the law – principally firearms law and election law – our lawyers have also been involved in drafting legislation. Elected officials, their staff and regulators regularly consult with us for our significant domain expertise in these and other areas.
A Few Representative Engagements:
- On behalf of a multi million member civil rights organization, lawyers from our firm worked to vindicate the group’s Pennsylvania-based members’ rights to be free of interference from illegally enacted ordinances passed by Pennsylvania municipalities in violation of a Pennsylvania pre-emption statute.
- On behalf of a federally licensed firearms dealer, lawyers from our firm successfully negotiated the return of hundreds of thousands of dollars of firearms seized by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
- Lawyers from our firm negotiated the expedited issuance of a Federal Firearms License to a dealer who faced the threat of a business shutdown without the license.
- Lawyers from our firm negotiated substantially reduced penalties for a Federal Firearms Licensee who faced the threat of license revocation and business closure.
- Lawyers from our firm represented several John Doe plaintiffs seeking to enjoin enforcement of a Pennsylvania mental health statute that violates Pennsylvanians federal due process civil rights.
- Lawyers from our firm have sued and have also negotiated settlements on behalf of firearms owners, on behalf students whose free speech has been suppressed, on behalf citizens whose property has been illegally seized and on behalf of crime victims whose rights have been violated by government actors. In these and other cases, we have obtained monetary settlements, the return of property and changes to government behavior.