Michael Yanoff has over 40 years of experience representing clients in a variety of land use, zoning, business and litigation matters, with a concentration in real estate, land use and development, and zoning. Michael’s practice involves representation of developers of residential and commercial properties, including multi-unit residential developments, shopping centers and office complexes, in land development and zoning matters. He is experienced in negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements for commercial and residential real estate, municipal improvement agreements and loan documents. His representative real estate/land use and zoning transactions include:
- Securing zoning and easement approvals to sub-divide a parcel into five parcels for the development of a 1.25 million square foot Ft. Washington, Pennsylvania campus.
- Negotiation of zoning rights for a highway slip ramp and commercial building for a parcel located in a flood-plain.
- Zoning and land developments approvals for two university residential/retail towers in Philadelphia.
- Zoning and land development approvals for major assisted living/memory care facilities in several Philadelphia-area townships.
- Assessment appeals for large multi-unit residential developers and individual commercial/residential property owners in Philadelphia and the suburban counties.
Michael has significant federal and state courtroom experience, and has tried a myriad of jury and bench trials and appeals in Pennsylvania, including Montgomery, Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Lehigh Counties, as well as in New Jersey. Michael has had many successes in civil litigation/personal injury cases. These would include:
- $4.517 Million Dollar verdict for a Plaintiff who sustained a permanent debilitating back injury, which is the largest automobile accident verdict in Montgomery County history
- $1.8 Million Dollar Arbitration Award against a trash company for an accident which resulted in the death of a passenger in a car struck by a trash truck.