Jonathan S. Goldstein is a founding partner of Goldstein Law Partners. Mr. Goldstein’s practice focuses on entrepreneurial and business advising, firearms law and election law.
Mr. Goldstein is considered a national expert in firearms law. In 2013, he earned the Defender of Justice Award from the National Rifle Association’s Institute of Legislative Action for his “tireless service to the Constitution and with particular emphasis on the protection and furtherance of the Second Amendment.” The award is given only to a single attorney each year selected from practitioners across the county. He actively lectures on firearms law and firearms safety across Pennsylvania, has published a number of articles on firearms law and firearms safety and is regularly consulted by lawmakers on matters related to firearms public policy.
Mr. Goldstein is also a nationally recognized expert in election law. He was a member of the core Pennsylvania legal team for Bush-Cheney 2004 and was twice a candidate for the Pennsylvania General Assembly. He has litigated signature challenges in the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania and has won an election law appeal before the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. He recently served as the Deputy General Counsel of the Pennsylvania Republican Party responsible for the eastern 1/3rd of the Commonwealth.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Goldstein is a seasoned entrepreneur:
- He currently serves as Chairman of Schulmerich Bells, LLC the world’s largest manufacturer of musical handbells and of Xensor, LLC, a leading manufacturer of industrial sensors.
- He was founder and President of Urban Technology Group, the fastest growing services company in Philadelphia from 2000-2002.
- In 2002, Mr. Goldstein won the Philadelphia Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 award as one of the most influential Philadelphians under the age of 40.
- From 2002 to 2004, Mr. Goldstein served as an Adjunct Professor in Temple University’s Fox School of Business teaching entrepreneurship and computer science to both undergraduates and M.B.A. candidates.
- From 2006-2013, Mr. Goldstein was part of the management team of Pangea3, the most successful company in the legal process outsourcing field. As of March, 2014, 16 months after the successful sale of Pangea3 to Thomson Reuters (ticker symbol: TRI), the company had over 1000 India-based attorneys performing legal work for some of the largest law firms and companies in the world including GE, Caterpillar, UPS, Coca Cola, Deutsche Bank and Credit Suisse.
- Mr. Goldstein is also a licensed commercial pilot.
Mr. Goldstein is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, receiving a Bachelor of Arts from Penn’s College of Arts & Sciences in 1993 and a Juris Doctor from the University of Pennsylvania School of Law in 2005.
Mr. Goldstein is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Washington, DC, the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the District of New Jersey, the Third Circuit, the Ninth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.